Market settlement Spišská Sobota (Georgenberg, Szepesszombat, Forum Sabbathae) was formed in the 11th century. The first written mention of the village comes from 1256. In the years 1412-1772 was Spišská Sobota along with 12 other cities in Poland Spiš backup. Spišská Sobota has lost its dominant position in 1923 when it became the seat of district Poprad. In 1946, together with the village Veľká, was linking to Poprad. Thanks to architectural and urban values was in 1950 declared as urban conservation area.
The Information Office of Poprad offers accompanying to Spišská Sobota. The minimum price of the tour is 15,00 € (5 persons).
- Church of Saint George
- Evangelic church
- City Hall
- Podtatranské Museum – Exhibition in Spisska Sobota
- Podtatranská Library – Art Department
- House of Podtatranského Cultural Centre
- State Archive in Prešov – workplace Poprad – Spišská Sobota
- Regional Monuments Board Prešov – workplace Poprad – Spišská Sobota
- Historic cemetery
Poprad-Spišská Sobota, Slovensko
Part of the town: Poprad (časť mesta)